Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Final Curtain


Saying goodbye to a show is never easy.


I find that I tend to 'watch' the final show in slow motion. I enter the stage and think, "well, that's the last time I get to make that entrance," or after a favorite line I will think, "and that's the last time I get to say that on stage."


The opportunity to portray a character on the stage, to be given the privilege of bringing that part to life is always an honor. And this part, this show, especially, was a joy.


I am missing it terribly already and we have been dark for only 4 hours.

8 comments:

Trish said...

Bravo, Bravo!

Are you doing The Best Christmas Pageant Ever? I really want to see that one!

Also do you know any info on the Magenta Youth Theatre? My 8 year old is wanting to get involved in theatre.........

Daniel said...

You have me suffering from "post production" blues and I wasn't even in it...

Mer said...

I agree... this show was special. I hope that California is sun-shining away your blues. :0)

rebanerck said...

gadzooks... you are gorgeous! love the picture... of course, it always helps when the other people in the picture are made to look older... hee hee!

Dee said...

Great job!
Sorry I didn't get to your play.
Next one, I promise.

You look fabulous!
Love the red lipstick!

meleea said...

how fun! you are so beautiful! i bet the production was fabulous - wish i could have seen it.

Unknown said...

so true - last line, last time!! Man I need a new hobby! By Jove I've got it . . . blogging!

Kelsey Donahue said...

Awww, I wish I could have seen this! Looks like it was so much fun! I remember when I was really little...like 3rd or 4th grade little, I went to the PCC Spaghetti Auction with Jenni Miller and you did a play there...i can't remember which one it was..I think a version of Cinderella or something. Oh the memories!