Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Avenue Q




So, I'm not saying you should base your life philosophy on the show...but it was really great :)


some of the wisdom in the show:


"life may be scary, but it's only temporary...it's only for now"


and:



"the more you love someone, the more you want to kill 'em" (good thing he was sitting right next to me and laughing along with this! oh wait...)


and my favorite (it's actually the reason I ended up with tickets to the show!):



"there's a fine, fine line between a lover and a friend, there's a fine, fine line between reality and pretend...there's a fine, fine line between a fairy tale and a lie. there's a fine, fine line between 'you're wonderful' and 'goodbye'... and there's a fine, fine line between love and a waste of time"


and hey! I learned a new word: schadenfreude. "happiness at the misfortune of others"

so, I know I have peaked some of your interest--and that's good! it is a show well worth attention, BUT! I am going to put a disclaimer in here...why? well, because some of you may not know that i have an appreciation for naughty humor done well (yikes! should i admit that?!--'oh dear, a new look to her blog and all of a sudden she goes crazy...is she still going to church? i don't know, i don't think i saw her on Sunday...' )

in case you lost track from there to here...this is now the disclaimer...


... before you run out and look up this musical, I must warn you that there is ADULT CONTENT in both the lyrics and many of the reviews out there about it. and by adult content, I mean, this show is rather naughty at times. one review I read simply stated 'muppet sex' and give it a great rating. of course, like I mentioned a tiny bit before, I requested tickets to the show after only hearing one of the songs. not until after I was committed to going (ie...had already purchased tiks) did i begin to look into more of the songs and read about the show. truth be told--I'm really glad i didn't know before. i would never have asked for the tickets and i would have missed out.



definitely gets a rave review from me. but then, I always suspected that muppets had sex.

4 comments:

Mer said...

Muppet sex, eh? Sounds intriguing. Those lyrics were good too. I am glad you enjoyed it.

By the way, I also LOVE your new blog title!

annaliese said...

i love you, mer ;)

Heather Lough said...

Glad you liked the show.

annaliese said...

me, too. i think i am too cheap to not have been upset at spending that amount of money on something that was awful. :)