Tuesday, January 20, 2009

American History Class




one of the reasons I love homeschooling! I know many classrooms probably brought TVs in to watch the inauguration of our 44th president, but I am glad that I was able to sit with my children and answer all of there questions (and Gabby had many!) about the presidential swearing in ceremony.




I am so grateful for this stage of our lives. May I remember that these moments are fleeting, and to cherish the precious time I have right now in my young children's lives, as their primary teacher. What an honor.
(btw--it is still extremely difficult for me to publish posts, as my internet 'times out' about every 3 minutes--and I don't type that fast!--thank you so much everyone who has continued to check back with us--I do apologize for my lack of comments on other's blogs...I will be back as soon as possible!)

7 comments:

Dee said...

I love your classroom!
We had the same today at our home

Unknown said...

my kiddos are home with fevers and coughs so they got the same 'class'

Lee Ann said...

I'm still here with you!

While I don't think I'll be home schooling my kidos, moments like those make me sad.....I would like to do that with my kids.

Shannon said...

My kids all complained how boring it was at school yesterday because they "had to watch the movie about the new president, and did you hear how awful the singer was." And I thought the same thing, I wish I was w/ them to explain things and get them excited! This being on their first day back at school. ;-( I have to say though, I got so much done yesterday! BTW, you could always type up your posts in word and copy them over to blogger, you know, if you REALLY want to blog for us! ;0)

Heather Lough said...

Very cool that you could be there with them. H and J watched at school. I sadly, didn't watch any of it. I did listen to most of his speech on the radio.

rebanerck said...

cough cough two weeks...

rebanerck said...

oh wait, mine was nine months. never mind. you just wait as long as you need.